Civil Society Public Cooperation Project
“Strengthening Civil Society Development and Civil Society – Public Sector Dialogue in Turkey Project”, –financed by the European Union and the Republic of Turkey and implemented by the Civil Society Development Center (STGM), Third Sector Foundation of Turkey (TUSEV) and YADA Foundation –, is “to have strong democratic institutions and civil society promoting pluralism and the values of European integration in Turkey”.
One of the expected results of this Project is “to bring the relations between civil society and public institutions to a new level where a permanent dialogue is held and participation of civil society organisations in public debate and decision-making is visibly increased”
To achieve this goal, a series of activities has been proposed:
• Formulation, adoption and implementation of a “Code of Conduct” for Civil Society – Public Sector Relations based on agreed principles
• Identifying legal barriers that prevent active civil society participation and developing draft amendment proposals for improvement.
• Organizing an international conference where Civil Society – Public Sector relations can be discussed within a global framework
• Developing a White Paper which will lead Civil Society – Public Sector dialogue to be included in the institutional structures of public institutions.
• Developing a monitoring methodology for Civil Society – Public Sector dialogue